Applicants choose the grant mechanism (not the agency)
Agencies choose the awardees based on scientific scores & their funding priorities
Funding Opportunities, What's New:
Note: most grant RFAs have undergone significant updates
- The Research Resource Program (RRP) is offering a new grant mechanism called “Institutional Matching Instrumentation Award”, with an award amount ranging from $50,000-$200,000.
- The Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center is sponsoring a $50,000 new “Pilot Award in Precision Imaging of Cancer and Therapy” to support pilot studies in Precision Imaging in cancer research including pre-clinical, clinical and translational.
- The National Cancer Institute and the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (HDFCCC) offers the “Program on Non-Aids-defining Cancer, HIV and Aging” with the award amount up to $75,000.
- The National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health (NCOEWH) is funding Pilot for Junior Investigators at $40,000.
- The School of Dentistry – Research is now sponsoring the Pilot for Junior Investigators, the Pilot for Established Investigators and the Team Science Award along with the Academic Senate, CTSI-Pilot Awards and REAC.
- The Osher Center is sponsoring two new funding opportunities at $50,000: the “Integrative Cancer Pilot Award” and the “Integrative Dementia Pilot Award”.
- The UCSF California Preterm Birth Initiative (PTBi-CA) offers a “One-Year Innovation Award in Prematurity Research”
- CAPS-HIV Innovative Grants are offered again with a $40,000 pilot.
- The Mentored Scientist Award Program in HIV/AIDS sponsored by CFAR has been revised to include Basic Science.
- CFAR Funding Opportunities have been extensively revised.
Spring 2016 Cycle Results
RAP reviewed 180 applications and made 79 awards for the Spring 2016 cycle; 44% of the grants reviewed were awarded. Thanks to the combined efforts of multiple funding agencies, a total of $4,256,848 was distributed to UCSF researchers. For more details and to find out the names of the awardees go to "Resources" on the RAP website.