Applicants Choose the Grant Mechanism (Not the Agency)
Funding Agencies Choose the Awardees
- UCSF AIDS Research Institute (ARI) thanks to Gilead Sciences Inc. is supporting the amfAR Institute for HIV Cure Research by offering a new Mentored Scientist Award.
- The UCSF Pancreas Center is offering a Pilot Award for pancreas cancer research. This award is intended to support basic science and clinical projects focused on pursuing the research and eradication of pancreatic neoplasia.
- The new Global Cancer Program in the HDFCCC joins RAP to offer a Pilot Award for trainee, junior, or established researchers. Grants are intended for innovative projects addressing prevention, screening, diagnosis, and/or treatment of cancer in low- and middle-income countries.
- Precision Medicine in Rheumatology (PREMIER), an NIH/NIAMS P30 funded Center at UCSF is sponsoring Pilot Awards for Junior and for Established Investigators. The grants will support studies in rheumatic and autoimmune diseases directed at advancing knowledge applicable to precision medicine.
- The award amount of the "Pilot for Established Investigators" has been raised to $50K.
- The award amount of the “Informing Tobacco Product regulation” has been raised to $60K.
- The New Direction Award has been discontinued. Funds will now be diverted to the Pilot for Established Investigators.
- RAP Leadership appointed Dr. Roland Henry to the newly established Faculty Representative for Diversity on the RAP Executive Committee. This role will serve to foster diversity in our campus-wide intramural funding program.
- NEW! RAP will be offering ‘Q&A’ drop-in sessions to support and guide applicants with questions about the application process.